Pro Bono Services
Garlicke & Bousfield have a Pro Bono Department headed by Director, Sanelisiwe Nyasulu, which offers free legal services to a number of charitable organisations. The firm is listed on the panel of ProBono.Org and represents eligible clients requiring legal advice as well as assisting with workshops arranged by ProBono.Org. Our pro bono work covers a wide range of services and includes the following:
- Providing legal assistance on various labour issues to clients unable to afford representation in Court
- Assisting with advice regarding deceased estates referred to us by the Master of the High Court and staffing a help desk at the Master’s offices on a monthly basis
- Providing legal assistance to the Durban Child and Youth Care Centre
- Assisting various religious organizations, public benefit organizations and churches in a range of issues including land acquisition, property rights, tax related queries, corporate structuring, consumer protection and dispute resolution
The following awards have been received by Garlicke & Bousfield and Sane, in her individual capacity, for Pro Bono services rendered.
- SASLAW Pro Bono NPC – KwaZulu Natal Firm Award 2018 & 2019.
- SASLAW Pro Bono NPC – KwaZulu Natal Individual Award 2019
- ProBono.Org – Certificate of Appreciation with gratitude for pro bono services rendered in 2018 to the Kwa Zulu Natal Deaf Association.
- SASLAW Pro Bono NPC – Durban Individual Award 2017
- ProBono.Org – Certificate of Appreciation : Large Firm, most number of hours 2016.
- SASLAW Pro Bono NPC – Certificate of Recognition to Saneliswe Nyasulu for outstanding comittment to the SASLAW Pro Bono NPC project, Durban 2015.